Like other organs in your body, your eyes are subject to injury and stress and can lose their full capacity if you don’t properly take care of them. So, it’s very expedient to sustain the health of your sight even as you advance in age. Given the fact that many eye hospitals are springing up everywhere in Lagos, finding the right one with adequate ear care facilities and specialists might be rather challenging. But this article will prove useful for you as it talks about the best ear hospitals in Lagos, Nigeria.
Best Eye Hospitals in Lagos, Nigeria
- Skipper Eye-Q Super Specialty Eye Hospital
- Metro Eye Clinic
- Ancilla Catholic Eye Hospital
- Ladkem Eye Hospital
- St. Edmund’s Eye Hospital
1. Skipper Eye-Q Super Specialty Eye Hospital (Indian-Nigerian Eye Hospitals Chain)
The Skipper Eye Q is touted as one of the best eye hospitals in Lagos, Nigeria. The health center prides itself on providing comprehensive eye care services. With state-of-the-art facilitates and outstanding opticians, the Skipper Eye-Q has a track-record of providing excellent surgeries and treatments of eye diseases and defects such as Glaucoma, Presbyopia, Cornea, Cataract, disorders associated with the retina, and other vision problems. It claims to have treated over 5 Million patients across Nigeria and India.
The Skipper Eye-Q opens Monday to Saturday (8 am -6:30 pm)
Book an appointment:
Visit their official website (skippereyeq.com)
- Retina Treatment Services: Anti-VEGF Therapy, Retina Detachment Surgery, Retina Laser, and All Types of Retina Surgery.
- Cataract Services: Surgical Techniques – Phacoemulsification, MICS, SICS, FEMTO. Please notice, No Injection, No pain, No Stitches,
- Pediatric Services: Crossed Eyes, Amblyopia, Myopia
- Glaucoma Treatment Services: Eye pressure-lowering eye drops, Glaucoma Surgery, Laser, etc.
Read also: Best Neurologists in Santa Monica
2. Metro Eye Clinic
Metro Eye Clinic is rated as one of the best eye hospitals in Lagos, Nigeria. The clinic owes its good reputation to experienced eye specialists, excellent patient care, well-maintained and conducive environment, short waiting time, hospitable and courteous staff but to mention a few. The clinic also has a wheelchair accessible entrance. With some of the most advanced equipment and experienced opticians, Metro Eye Clinic is a perfect place to solve all eye-related problems at an affordable cost.
MetroClinic opens from Monday to Saturday (9 AM – 5:30 PM)
Book an Appointment:
Visit their website (Metroeyesng.com)
- MetroClinic offers a wide array of eye treatment services from eye tests to eye surgeries:
- Medical Tests: uveitis, opacities, and glaucoma
- Surgical Eye Care: squints ( crossed eyes), pterygia, and oculoplastic
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Other Eye Conditions: diabetic retinopathy, hypertensive retinopathy, etc
- Vision tests
- Diagnostic Services: Hyperopia, Astigmatism, Myopia, etc
- Ocular Treatment: ocular injuries and ocular diseases
- Optical Services: frames, sun-glasses and contact lens and fitting
3. Ancilla Catholic Eye Hospital
Ancilla Catholic is a leading eye hospital in Lagos, Nigeria. Given their quest for accurate diagnosis and treatment of eye defects, they spare no expense in acquiring the best medical equipment and specialists to carry out the best possible eye treatments or surgeries at a reasonable fee.
The hospital has a calm and relaxing facility spacious enough to cater to the diverse needs of their patients. They also organize weekly free eye care outreaches to schools, market places, churches, mosques, and local governments. They do this in conjunction with non-governmental organizations, local governments, etc.
Ancilla Catholic Eye Hospital opens Monday to Friday (9 am – 5 pm)
Book an appointment:
Visit their official website: Ancillaryeyecentre.com
- Primary Eye Care:
Provision of glasses and low-vision services
Medical and surgical treatments of eye diseases
- Surgery: the clinic performs anterior segment surgeries such as Trabeculectomy, Pterygium excision, Phacoemulsification Surgery, Chalazion I and C, etc.
- Eye Investigation Services: Pachymetry, Fundus Photography, Central Visual Field (CVF), None Contact Tonometry, Ocular Coherence Tomography(OCT), Occular A and B Scan, Fluorescence Angiography (FFA)
Read also: Can You Drink Tap Water in Barcelona?
4. Ladkem Eye Hospital
Ladkem Eye Hospital is one of the top-rated eye hospitals in Lagos, Nigeria. The hospital is home to modern eye equipment, best for excellent diagnosis and treatment of all eye-related conditions at an affordable cost.
However, they might charge more for complex eye surgeries. It has a strikingly conducive, friendly, and quiet environment with lovely and committed staff. As part of their commitment to sound ocular health and prevention of blindness or a visual impairment, the clinic gives room for personal counseling, consultation as well as giving out leaflets and audiovisual means.
The hospital opens from Monday to Friday (9 am – 5 pm)
Book an appointment:
Visit their official website (ladkemeyehospital.com)
- Simple and complex surgeries
- Dispensing glasses for refractive errors
- Pathology assessment and measurement of the power of glasses,
- Measurement of the refractive state of the eye and assessment of the visual field,
- Accurate measurement of intraocular pressure,
- Cataract surgery
Read also: Can You Drink Tap Water in Valencia?
5. St. Edmund’s Eye Hospital
Since its inception, St. Edmund’s Eye Hospital has taken great pride in providing excellent eye care services that meet international standards. Their ultimate goal is to offer the best possible service at an affordable rate both to their immediate environment and to the world at large. St. Edmund’s Eye Hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art facilitates geared towards successful treatment of all eye complications.
St. Edmund’s Eye Hospital opens Monday to Friday (8:30 am-5:30 pm)
Book an appointment:
Visit their official website (stedmundseyehospital.com)
Full Optical Services:
- Correction of refractive errors: astigmatism, presbyopia hypermetropia (long-sightedness), and myopia (short-sightedness)
- Recommending and providing high-quality glasses and frame
- Vision exam for driving test
- Low vision aids and contact lense
- Prosthetic eye fitting
Eye Examination Services:
Glaucoma screening test, Visual field tests, Pre-school screenings, Screening for diabetic eye disease, Digital fundus imaging, and many more.
Read also: Can You Walk Around Savannah at Night?