A medical card is issued to those with specific conditions that give them access to medical marijuana. This applies to states with laws that allow only medical cannabis to be sold under very rigid circumstances. The card is issued to monitor the amount of marijuana being sold, who they are being sold to, and to ensure that the privilege is not abused.
If you’ve ever asked yourself ‘Can I go to a dispensary without a card?’ you need to first consider the state laws concerning the sale of marijuana in your current location, your age, your medical condition (if any), and your reason for wanting to make the purchase. In this article, we will be discussing state laws concerning the sale of marijuana in some states, and ultimately answering the question – ‘Can I go to a dispensary without a card?’
Can I Go To A Dispensary Without A Card?
No, in most states and countries that have legalized the use of medical marijuana, a Dispensary card is the one chance to ensure that Marijuana doesn’t get in the hands of every dick and harry that comes along. Many places require that you get a doctor to clear you to get prescription marijuana, often indicating the quantity you can take. So, you need a card to go into a Dispensary.
Can You Go into A Dispensary Without A Card in Michigan?
No, you cannot go into a medical marijuana dispensary without a card in Michigan, but you can go to a recreational marijuana dispensary as long as you are 21 and over. Michigan state laws allow the sale of medical and recreational marijuana. This means that you can legally purchase cannabis from licensed dispensaries in Michigan if you have the MMMP (Michigan Medical Marijuana Program) card or are 21 and over with identification. Patients are allowed a limit of 10 ounces (283.495 grams) of cannabis every month, while adults are allowed 2.5 ounces (70.8738 grams) with only 15 grams of it in concentrate form.
How To Get An MMMP Card In Michigan
- To apply for an MMMP in Michigan card you must be 18 and over and a legal resident
- First, schedule an appointment with a licensed physician
- Give a purpose for needing a card
- Get your ID, proof of residency, and a certificate signed by your doctor
- Then apply to the MMMP either online with the Marijuana Regulatory Agency or by getting an MMMP application packet
- The MMMP card costs $40 but the cost of the doctor’s visit could be between the range of $100-$200
- It takes about a month to receive the card and the card is valid for 3 years
Can You Go into A Dispensary Without A Card in Oklahoma?
No, you cannot go into a dispensary without being 18 and over with a means of identification in Oklahoma. If you are 18 and over with a means of identification, you can purchase accessories and items related to smoking without a medical card, but you will not be able to purchase cannabis itself without a card. Oklahoma state laws allow the sale of medical marijuana to only patients with a medical card. Patients are allowed 3 ounces (85.0486 grams) of marijuana, 8 ounces (226.796 grams) at home, and only 1 ounce (28.3495 grams) in concentrate form.
How To Get A Medical Card In Oklahoma
- To get a medical card in Oklahoma, you must be a legal resident of at least 18 years
- First, apply via the OMMA portal and click on ‘Adult Patient Application Information’ to get started
- Your Adult Physician Recommendation Form must be acquired within 30 days of your application date
- Schedule an appointment with a registered physician to get the recommendation
- The card will be sent within 14 days of your application submission date
- The cost of the application is $100 and the card is valid for 2 years
Read also: Best Tattoo Shops in NYC for lettering
Can You Go into A Dispensary Without A Card in Florida?
No, you cannot go into a dispensary without a card in Florida. In Florida, recreational marijuana is illegal and medical marijuana can only be sold by licensed dispensaries to those with a medical card. Patients are allowed to buy 2.5 ounces (70.8738 grams) of marijuana every 35 days. So, for those asking ‘Can I go to a dispensary without a card in Florida?’ here’s how to get a medical card:
How To Get A Medical Card In Florida
- To qualify for a medical card in Florida, you must be a permanent or seasonal resident and have a medical condition verified by your physician
- Get an appointment with a licensed physician
- This physician will then confirm your condition and enter you into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry
- An email from the Department of Health in Florida will be sent to you. It will contain login information for the Medical Marijuana Use Registry website
- Log into the website with the information provided, fill out the application and pay the registration fee
- An email confirmation with a temporary medical card will be sent to you within 14 days of your registration followed by the permanent medical card in the mail
- The medical card registration fee costs $75 and it is valid for a year after the approval of your application