What does DHL and FedEx Tendered to Delivery Service Provider Mean? And What You Can Do

What does DHL and FedEx Tendered to Delivery Service Provider Mean? And What You Can Do

What does DHL and FedEx Tendered to Delivery Service Provider Mean? And What You Can Do

If you use DHL or FedEx to ship your packages several times, I can assure you that you will probably get this shipping status at one point, especially if you live in an area where the company might not be able to deliver to. When you get the notification that your parcel has been tendered to delivery service provider, what does it mean? What are you expected to do next? This article will be answering that in detail.

What do DHL and FedEx Tendered to Delivery Service Provider Mean?

The DHL and FedEx Tendered to Delivery Service Provider notification mean that they will be handing your parcel over to a local company to complete the last few miles of the delivery. Since DHL and FedEx are companies with a large, and in this case international coverage, they might not have as many incentives to cover your area.

If they consider the number of packages that they regularly have to deliver in your area and see that it’s just not enough incentive for them to invest more in delivering to your area, they form a type of arrangement with a local delivery company that will be handling the rest of the delivery journey.

DHL and FedEx have these types of arrangements in third-world countries that don’t have as effective postal and navigational systems, and it makes sense to hand the packages over to local companies who have better knowledge of the locale and the ability to trace addresses more accurately.

If you’re in the United States or other countries with better postal and navigational systems, these companies mainly have these arrangements to have parcels delivered to more rural areas, as the demand doesn’t justify the resources needed to make certain deliveries. And since there are effective local postal systems like the USPS in the United States, the Royal Mail in the UK, the Poste Italiane in Italy, and the La Poste in France, postal systems that are used more often locally, having these arrangements make sense.

Read also: What does En Route to DHL eCommerce Distribution Center mean?

What Can You Do If You Get the OnTrac, 4Px, DHL, and FedEx Notification That Your Parcel Has Been Tendered To Delivery Service Provider?

The most you can do is wait and expect the delivery in a day or two. As we mentioned earlier, companies like DHL and FedEx handle around 99 percent of the journey and leave the remaining 1 percent of the journey to a local but effective delivery service, so you would be getting the parcel in no time. Some users have mentioned that they stopped being able to track the parcel the moment it is handed over to delivery services like the USPS, Royal Mail, and La Poste. While we can’t explain why that is so in some cases, a very high number of parcels have made their way to the owners’ address, so we wouldn’t give too much thought to that.

If you use companies like FedEx and DHL, these have insurance on your package, and since you spend a lot on having your parcels delivered, you can trust that extra care will be taken on your parcel.

Read also: What Does Departure Origin DHL Ecommerce Facility Mean?

What does tendered mean in shipping?

Tendered is a very popular terminology users get when tracking shipments as it travels through the globe via delivery services like OnTrac, 4Px, DHL, and FedEx, and you’re wondering what tendered means in shipping.

In shipping, tendered means your parcel is being given to either another delivery company to make the delivery or to an individual who will be making the delivery, the case we had with DHL and FedEx Tendered to Delivery Service Provider above. When you get the tendered for delivery notification from OnTrac, 4Px, DHL, and FedEx, that means you’d probably be receiving your parcel via a local delivery service.

Read also: FedEx Scheduled Delivery: Pending? Here Is What It Means

In third world countries, you might speak to these companies to know what services the parcel was tendered to for delivery, and then see if you can pick it up yourself. If you’re in the United States or others with working postal services – companies like the United States Postal Service, Royal Mail, and La Poste are some that you might also reach out to, to know when your parcel will be delivered.

Read also: Best Road Transport Companies in Nigeria



Instagram has returned empty data. Please authorize your Instagram account in the plugin settings .